The roads were wet from the snow, but that was not going to stop me from meeting up with someone I have been communicating with for the past few weeks. Mike came all the way from Maryland to Ohio to see me. I was going to make sure it was worth his trip. It was a hassle making sure that things were done before I left the house. I had to prepare a couple of food items for this baby shower and did this very rapidly. As soon as I was finished, I dashed out the door and hopped into the car. A pinch of anxiety ran through me, but I knew that I was going to be fine. I pulled up to the hotel he stayed and sped walked into the lobby to prevent my already nappy hair from frizzing up. I called his cell to tell him I had arrived. After waiting a few minutes, I saw a bundled up figure walking from around the steps. As soon as I saw his face, I became very excited. I couldn't believe it was actually him. We gave each other hugs and said our hellos.
We walked to his car and programmed the address to our first destination into his GPS. As we were on our way to the location, we conversed about almost everything...life, work, family, school, children, you name it. We arrived to the Indochine Cafe, a Vietnamese restaurant. It was a very comforting atmosphere. We sat down and ordered or meal. I ordered some pho-ga. Mike ordered the same. I ordered plum wine mixed with sake and Mike ordered his sake straight. Our drinks and food arrived and my eyes got wide at how big the soup bowl is. That was a lot of pho being served. As we ate and conversed, I could not help but to stare at him. I told myself that this will be going smoothly and very happy that it did. I could not believe I was sitting right across from him, that I could feel him, and that I am actually in his presence and he in mine. We were there for more than an hour just enjoying each other's company and talking some more. As I finished my plum wine and my share of sake, I felt like I was gliding in thin air. We went to catch a movie. The movie of choice was "Avatar". It was a looong but wonderful movie. I could not take my eyes off the screen. He talked a little during the movie, but
realized that there were others chatting away. Just as long as we could hear the movie, we did not care. After the movie was over, we heading home and called it a night.
He truly made me laugh and smile. I am happy to have been given the opportunity to meet you Mike. You are a real, full of life, humorous, good looking (huge plus), selfless, and considerate. There are too many stories out there of people who have conversed online, met up, and was not satisfied due to obnoxiousness, being sleazy, and misbehaving. Well, that wasn't the case with me.
Well Mike, I'm happy to have seen you in Ohio, but very sad that you had to go. We clicked with each other and they were no awkward, silent moments. I felt no pressure in being myself around you. Everything fell into place, naturally. I loved how you laughed at my gullibility along with my being silly on purpose. I will never forget how much fun we had on your trip to my area. I told you I would keep my promise on blogging about you. Well, I'm off to bed, because my brain is tired and I'm starting to talking gibberish. Forgive me for any misspelled words or incorrect grammar. Take care, Mike :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oooh la la. For some reason, I don't think this is fiction LOL.
Very interesting to read. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment