Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Forgiveness

Forgive. That word is often tossed around like no one's business, but how easy or hard is it for us to do. Before you begin to wonder, let it be known that I'm not going through anything. This just came to mind and thought I would share my thoughts.

Why is it that several waste their time holding grudges against the other person, when in most cases, the person does not give a damn about you or how you feel? The person has moved on with life so why can't you? This goes for broken friendships and relationships.

I have came to two realizations. First, if you are going to forgive the person, make sure that it is only for you. Like I said, the person is not thinking of you like you are them. The more than likely, he is happy. You, also, have the right to be. Second, if someone is holding a grudge against you, despite the fact that you sincerely apologized to him, let him deal with that on his own. There is nothing more you can do in the end. Tune him out completely. Start making improvements for yourself and be strong enough to continue. Life will get waaayyy better from that point. I may be wrong in all I said, or I may be right. Regardless, this is the perspective I choose to go with.

*whew*

That's off my chest.

No comments: