Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Expecting too much too soon

I could not believe what my girl was telling me. She happened to have strong feelings for this guy and the feeling was mutual for him, as he claimed. I get back from a wonderful girl's night out only to come back to disappointment. The guy she just recently got into a relationship with happened to be a wonderful man. He had a great head on his shoulders, strong morals, and a very magnetic personality. He even claimed to be very close to his faith. I thought that this would be the type of man my girl would need.To start off with the story, he was on the phone with her and they had small talk. He hears a knock on the door and asks the person knocking to come inside. She hears a female voice in the background saying hello to him in a manner that was flirtatious and somewhat sexual. He tells my friend "Aiight, I'll talk to you later bruh." then hangs up. Bruh? That is not how you refer to a woman you like and whom you are with. That threw her for a loop. She called back and he picked up and hung up. He calls back the second time then it goes straight to voice mail. Needless to say she was quite disturbed by this. The person she though she could trust has stabbed her in her back. She had already told her family and the world about this man and wondered if falling for him too quick and expecting the most out of him were the traits she had that led to the downfall. This is kind of discouraging because when you are this happy for your girl, you would expect for you to get all the love showered on you friend to be showered on you. This just helps me to set myself into reality and again, not to be so naive. Those you are the closest to or think would be the perfect match for you, end up being huge fuck-ups.I could not help but to feel for her, because in every relationship she has been involved in, she gives, gives, and gives some more. As for these niggas, they take, take, then take some more. Probably, it is not time for her to be with anyone. This is exactly why I choose to keep to myself. Sometimes, I fear that our time of getting hurt of not over. The wait, in our case is not over.After having this done to you over and over again, would you be able to trust someone else, or just blame him for all the trouble men have caused in your past? Would it be fair to him that she jumps to irrational conclusions, instead of talking to him to really see what is going on in his mind or the environment he is in at the time? Or is it our insecurities getting the best of us again? I don't know, I guess it is up for us to decide.