Saturday, July 12, 2008

Taking it easy

Usually when I am interested in someone, I expect for us to talk very often. Normally that doesn't happen and I get a little upset. Yes we have not know each other for very long, but could it be that I'm liking him too quick? It could be. Having come to that conclusion, I have decided to back off and take it easy. Let him return my call or text message before I even call him again. I was once told by someone that he gets annoyed with someone who has called him 20 times before he called the person back. That alone told me a lot about having to take a chill pill. I am avoiding being labeled as the "stalker". It would be pretty bad if the person is scared off by me so soon because of my harassing him.

I normally don't like when men are clingy or easily jealous. So while I'm over here not liking those qualities about men, why shouldn't I control them about me? He will come around and call me again when he has an off day. Like I continue to keep in mind in order not to trip, he is a busy man who works crazy hours and comes home to crash in his bed. To be honest, I don't think he has much of a social life as I do. I must and will remain optimistic about this guy and not be so quick to give up on him. At the same time, I will not suffocate him I still want to see where his head and heart is and let God decided for me how to go about dealing with him. From all the other jerks I have talked to in the past, this one seems to be pretty decent. Its just that I am not used to being treated like a woman or even a human being. I'm usually forgotten about after I have been used and it is time for that to change. After all, it gets old after awhile.

1 comment:

LaLuneBrune said...

I know what you mean. I too, have dealt with a few guys who were just too busy with work/school and life that sometimes it was hard for them to find time to call. I like to think that no matter how busy a man is, if he REALLY wants to be with a woman, he'll find the time out of his busy schedule to call. I decrease the number of times I call or text when I notice a guy doesnt call as often as I'd like and eventually I just stop.

I'm not near ready to settle down, so I date a lot. It's very nice to have options (more than one man). I tend to date 2-3 guys at a time, until I decide to be with one or take him more seriously.

Clingy guys are one of my pet peeves, as I like to be 'free', even when in a relationship. When a guy I'm seeing becomes too clingy or starts to make me feel trapped in the relationship, that is a SURE way to make me distance myself from him.