There comes a point in time when a man or woman will have to grow up and leave some of there ways behind. It could be the baggy jeans to the tight outfits. In my case, it was seeing more than one man at once and leaving the Internet dating scene. I am a young woman who has moved to Chicago from Reynoldsburg, OH almost a year ago to pursue my master's degree and my print journalism career. In the midst of all of this, I got caught up in some things I had no business getting involved in. I had very good friends who told me about myself and helped me to see the errors of my ways. It hurt to hear the truth, but who said the truth was easy to hear or tell?
After deactivating my myspace and blackplanet accounts, I felt very relieved that more more of these Internet creeps would contact me or harass me. I was looking for Mr. Right in the wrong places. Meeting men over the Internet is not the best thing to do, which is something I learned the hard way. Every man I have met on the Internet has turned out to be very sour. Well, I kind of take that back. I did meet a young man who appears to be very kind-hearted over the Internet before I deactivated the two accounts. Him and I have been talking for three weeks now and we are taking baby steps in getting to know one another. In the past with men, I was rushing things. I am learning to let go and let God. I am going on His time instead of mine. If the man I am seeing now turns out not to be the one, I wish him well and will let God put someone else in my life who will be better. If the man I'm seeing right now happens to be right for me, that will be the happiest moment for me. Right now, I'm learning to speak things into existence that are positive. Positive thinking leads to positive outcomes, as well as negative thinking leading to negative outcomes.
